The UThink online coursework and scheduling options provide flexibility for teachers to earn their reading endorsement. Classes meet professional and state (Ohio) standards. Endorsements are transferable to most states with prior clearance from school districts.
The UThink program is a teacher-centered online learning system offered in partnership with Heidelberg University for affordable graduate coursework leading to a TESOL Endorsement.
(Grades 4-5) Endorsement
The Early Childhood (Grades 4–5) Generalist Endorsement allows teachers who hold a current, valid Ohio Early Childhood Education (PreK–Grade 3) license to meet additional requirements so that they can teach all core subject areas in grades four and five.
UThink delivers high quality training and education to teachers and entire school districts online all over the country.
Through a variety of endorsement programs and professional development courses, UThink provides in-depth coursework and the convenience of online learning at affordable prices. From graduate courses that lead toward endorsements to professional development, UThink offers comprehensive learning experiences for educators.
Why Choose UThink?
The content for all seminars is current and developed and taught by experts in each field of study. Seminars are designed around a research-based framework developed to transform learning through application and extension of knowledge. Classes embed instructional strategies and use of technology in the coursework.
- All courses, endorsements and programs meet Common Core, state and professional standards.
- Professional learning opportunities can be customized to meet the educators’ needs.
- A resource library of strategy explanations, graphic organizers, instructional videos and lessons in selected languages are available for teacher, student and parent use.
The learning management system is easy to use:
- Teachers receive timely technical support
- Networks of learning are available for online discussion
- Faculty respond quickly to questions and requests for assistance
Online seminars deliver content that supports different pathways for learning. Some of the seminar assignments are constructed to be completed independently, while others are designed to be interactive.
Independent work allows students to learn specific introductory curriculum at a flexible pace.
Interactive sections create opportunities for instructors and students to work collaboratively on advanced learning, which promotes flexible thinking.
Seminars provide options for use in all fields for classes and endorsements. Students can archive their coursework so that it is accessible for lifelong learning.
The cost of enrolling in the seminars for coursework or Professional Development is significantly lower than that of other universities.
- Courses are charged at one clear rate, with no additional fees attached.
- Specific seminars stack into coursework to create a systematic, comprehensive pathway for career-long professional learning.
- Open Source software provides current, top-of-the-line, inexpensive models for online learning.